I enjoyed this a lot! Got stuck on what I think was the third song, the mood and the careful tiling are super-smart and expressive.
Under Construction is the first game I seriously published. It's a short and minimal little platformer set in the Flora universe.
I wrote the code; my partner Glip provided the concept, art, music, and map. (So, all the real work.) We put it together over the course of a few weeks in the spring of 2016 using the PICO-8 fantasy console.
Arrow keys move. Up jumps. (Sorry.) X restarts from the beginning.
If you own "a" PICO-8, you can also find it in the game browser.
- Canonical home on my own website
- Original release on the Flora website, including cover art
- Release on the PICO-8 BBS
- Downloadable cartridge
- Original source code (the release copy had comments stripped for size reasons)
- My writeup of my experience writing the game
- Online version of the instruction manual
- Buy a physical copy of the instruction manual
- Soundtrack on Bandcamp
|Published||Jan 19, 2017|
|Release date||May 25, 2016|
|Tags||2D, 8-Bit, floraverse, Minimalist, PICO-8, Surreal|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution_ShareAlike v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Links||Original Floraverse release, Eevee's writeup, Soundtrack, Instruction manual|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.